Tal Danai (born March 6, 1964) is the founder and CEO of ArtLink, an art entrepreneurship based in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Danai founded ArtLink in 1996 with the vision of making art available, accessible and affordable.
Early life and education
While enrolled as a full-time arts student at the School of the Visual Arts in New York City, Danai served as the Director of International Marketing for Cybra Corporation, and in 1989 assumed the position of Director of International Operations of the Brazilian conglomerate, SATRO’s Commodity Spot Shipping Division.
Shortly after graduating from SVA in 1990 with Valedictorian honors, Danai enrolled in the World Trade Institute’s Maritime Commerce Business program in New York City. During the course of his studies, Danai produced two documentary films involving human rights and environmental issues, one of which, Txai Macedo, opened the Non-Governmental Assembly in Rio de Janeiro in 1992. In 1993, Danai moved to Israel and completed a law degree at the Institute of Management in Tel Aviv. Concurrent to his law studies, Danai founded EcoLink.
On April 23, 1996, Danai founded ArtLink with the concept that art be available, accessible and affordable. ArtLink created a global network of emerging artists, collaborating with over 150 art schools and partnering with Sotheby’s to create the ArtLink@Sotheby’s International Young Art Program. The emerging art exhibitions and auctions were held in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Moscow, New York, Tel Aviv and Vienna. In 1999, CNN deemed the ArtLink@Sotheby’s program "the most exciting development in the art market in decades".
In 2002, Danai began consulting and providing art for the hospitality industry, often credited with the concept of hotels as living galleries. He has completed over a hundred projects spanning twenty-seven countries, collaborating with acclaimed design firms such as Hirsch Bedner Associates, Tihany Design, Versace, Giorgetti, Aedas, GA Design and Champalimaud Foundation. Danai’s projects can be found in some of the most iconic hotels in the world, including the Plaza Hotel in New York City, the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Hotel in London, the Jing An Shangri-La Hotel in Shanghai, the TRYP by Wyndham Hotel in Antwerp, the Four Seasons DIFC in Dubai and the Ritz Carlton in Herzliya.
In 2016, the company completed its first maritime project, Holland America Lines’ new MS Koningsdam, and is currently working on the art for the Seabourn MS Encore.
- Encore. Seabourn
- Koningsdam MS, Holland America Line
- Four Seasons Dubai International Financial Center
- Ritz Carlton Herzliya
- The Plaza Hotel, New York City
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
- Shangri La Jing An, Shanghai
- TRYP by Wyndham, Antwerp
- Hotel Schweizerhof, Bern
- Corbin Waller, Sharon (2001). "Tal Danai Netting Art". Lifestyle Magazine.
- Shoemaker Rauen, Stacy. "Perspectives: Interview with Tal Danai and Adam Tihany". Hospitality Design (magazine) New York. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Txai Macedo [videorecording] / The AJER Production Group ; produced by Tal Danai, Marcia Machado ; directed by Marcia Machado". Princeton University Library. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Mindbender, Full Cast & Crew". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "ArtLink, Innovative Art Design Services". www.hidesign-asia.com. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Williams, Kevin M (20 January 2000). "Young Artists in Spotlight". Chicago Sun-Times.
- IYA artlink@sotheby's 1999 Tel-Aviv & Chicago Auction Catalogue
- "State of the Art". ArtReview. May 2003.