Salah Abdeslam (born September 15, 1989) is the name of a 26 year old man known to the public at large as a suspect in the co-ordinated attacks and killings effected upon the people of Paris during the 15th of November 2015, specifically he rented a car used to drive men of the Bataclan theatre shootings. He is apparently, according to one report, Public Enemy Number one.
An individual named as Sheraz Sheik is reported to have said of Abdeslam, as a "really nice guy".
Hamza Attou and Mohammed Amri were arrested because they drove Abdeslam after the shootings, and were held on terrorism charges by the Belgian authorities.
The newspaper Le Point has reported that Abdeslam is known to have used the website booking.com to rent rooms 312 and 311 of the Appart’City hotel within Alfortville, two days prior to his instigating the armed attack. Apparently police found syringes, within the room and pizza, from the delivery site Allo Resto. DNA traces indicated Abdeslam shared the room with others.
The Mirror newspaper described this person as "the most wanted" for crimes by the authorities, within Europe.
- Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence
- Critical terrorism studies
- A. Dubuis. article. published 17th November 2015 by The Mirror. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- article published by Sky News Monday 16th November 2015 [Retrieved 2015-11-17]
- C. Vinograd, N. Ing and Mac William Bishop. article. published November 17th 2015, 10:31 am by NBC news. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- B. Keevins, J. Silverstein. article. published by Daily News November 17th, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-17.