Pieter Abbeel is a roboticist at the University of California, Berkeley, previously at Stanford, known for his work on reinforcement learning. He is the founder of covariant.ai. He formerly worked at Elon Musk's Open AI, joining in 2016.
- Sloan Fellowship
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Program (AFOSR-YIP)
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Program
- DARPA Young Faculty Award (DARPAYFA)
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Program Award (NSF-CAREER)
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
- the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Early Career Award
- "A.I. Researchers Leave Elon Musk Lab to Begin Robotics Start-Up". Retrieved 4 September 2018.