This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Omid Nourizadeh|
|Also known as||16B, ORN, Phaser|
|Genres||deep house, tech house, techno, nu disco|
|Occupation(s)||record producer, disc jockey|
|Labels||Alola, Disclosure, SexOnWax, Sony, EyeQ, Hooj Choons, Tsuba, Deconstruction, Tulipa, Stronghouse, Bedrock, Baroque, MOS, GU, BALANCE series|
Omid Nourizadeh (Template:Lang-fa), better known as Omid 16B or 16B, is a British-Iranian electronic music producer/composer and DJ based in London. He is considered one of the creators of the tech house genre.
Omid's parents were Iranian but he grew up in Putney, London. At school he learnt to play guitar and formed a rock band, but after hearing hardcore records played on pirate music stations he began making his own tracks on basic equipment that he had bought. Beginning in 1995, his early house and techno singles were released on his own Alola and Disclosure labels under the names of 16B and Phaser, but they soon attracted the attention of big-name DJs such as Derrick Carter, François Kevorkian and Sasha, and he signed to Sven Väth's Eye Q label to release his debut album Sounds from Another Room in March 1998, which was described by Muzik as "quite breathtaking". In October 2001 Omid released The Witch/Which Equation under the alias of the Sixteen Million Dollar Man. Inspired by Prince initially releasing his Planet Earth album as a covermount with a British newspaper, Omid released his third studio album Like 3 Ears and 1 Eye (Part 1) in a similar manner as a covermount with the November 2007 issue of DJ Mag.
Omid also formed the SOS collective of DJs, consisting of him, Desyn Masiello and Demi. The trio secured a residency at London's Ministry of Sound nightclub, and were asked to produce the club's first mix CD in 2010.
- Sounds from Another Room (Eye Q, 1998)
- How to Live 100 Years (Hooj Choons, 2002)
As $16 Million Dollar Man
- The Witch/Which Equation (Under the Counter, 2001)
As Omid 16B
- Like 3 Ears and 1 Eye (Part 1) (SexOnWax, 2007)
- Like 3 Ears and 1 Eye (Part 2) (SexOnWax, 2008)
- "Omid 16b акостира в София". News.bg (in Bulgarian). 8 October 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- Murphy, Ben (November 2007). "Stand and Deliver!". DJ Mag. Vol. 4 no. 54. pp. 26–31.
- Wyatt, Kieran (May 1998). "Review: 16B - Sounds from Another Room". Muzik. p. 72.
- Barr, Tim (March 1998). "B Listed". The Face.
- Murphy, Ben (January 2010). "Three's the Charm!". DJ Mag. pp. 24–28.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Omid 16B.|
- Template:Discogs artist
- Official Website