Mark Barrott (born 1968 in Sheffield) is an English DJ and record producer. Recording under the name Future Loop Foundation, he has released ambient- and drum and bass-inspired music since the mid-1990s.
Barrott learned to play piano in his youth and took an interest in synthesizers early in his musical career, assembling his own house studio. In 1995, he signed with the label Planet Dog and issued a full-length album with that label the following year. Also in 1996, VH1 hired him to compose accompaniment to their Worldwide Fashion Awards. Future Loop Foundation's 2000 release Phunkroc incorporated jazz and funk textures into the drum and bass rhythms Barrott typically worked with early in his career.
In 2007, Barrott created a multimedia project called Memories from a Fading Room, incorporating elements of interviews he did with his own family members, home movie footage, and new music (an LP and an accompanying remix EP). The film which grew from this project was directed by Annie Wilson. The music for this project was mostly instrumental, though with some vocoder-enhanced voices low in the mix, and utilized ambient textures, invoking sentiments of nostalgia.
In 2009, Barrott started a dance music record label, International Feel, releasing his own music as well as that of other musicians in the nu disco and Balearic styles. He relocated to Ibiza in 2012 and now runs the label from the island.
- As Future Loop Foundation
- Karma/Remote Viewing
- Discovery/Shake the Ghost (1996)
- Time and Bass (1996)
- Sonic Drift/Voodoo Sound (1997)
- Conditions for Living (1998)
- Daddy Radical (1998)
- Jumper (1999)
- PHunkRoc (1999)
- The Middle of Nowhere (2000)
- Après Ski/Après Everything (2002)
- What's Your Name? (2002)
- This is How I Feel (2003)
- Scratch & Sniff (2004)
- One Offs & Remixes (2007)
- Memories from a Fading Room (2007)
- The Sea & Sky EP (2009)
- As Mark Barrott
- Sketches from an Island (2014)
- Future Loop Foundation, Allmusic.com
- Venk Chandran, Phunkroc review. Exclaim!, September 1, 2000.
- Jack MacFarlane, Review of the Sea and Sky EP. The Skinny, July 10, 2007.
- Jenni Cole, Memories from a Fading Room Review, MusicOMH, June 25, 2007.
- George Booker, Memories from a Fading Room Review. No Ripcord, September 26, 2007.
- Andy Beta, Electric Fling: Sketches from Ibiza Island. Pitchfork Media, July 24, 2014.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 677: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Template:UK-musician-stub Template:UK-record-producer-stub Template:DJ-stub