Maggie d'Abo (born Margaret Evelyn Lyndon, 1937) is an English model and actress, primarily active in the 1960s.
Template:BLP unsourced section Born Margaret Evelyn Lyndon in England in 1937, d'Abo took the professional pseudonym "Maggie London". She later changed her name to "Maggie d'Abo" after marriage with musician Mike d'Abo, a member of the rock band Manfred Mann. She worked mainly as a model but in the course of her career, which took place mainly during the 1960s, acted in some television series and a few films. During her marriage, which ended in divorce, she had two children, Olivia d'Abo and Benjamin Byron (Ben) d'Abo, both of whom went on to become actors. Actress Maryam d'Abo is her ex-husband Mike d'Abo's first cousin.
In the mid-1960s, d'Abo appeared in the catalog for fashion agency Jane Bell. Her entry indicated that she was 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m) tall, with blue eyes and red hair. Her measurements were 34-23-36 (inches), or 86-58-91 (cm.). She specialized in hair and leg modeling.
d'Abo's film career consisted primarily of small supporting roles. In the Beatles movie A Hard Day's Night, for example, she played a blonde girl dancing with George Harrison and with Ringo Starr at a nightclub. In 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrick, she played a hostess in the space station. Her appearance was uncredited and limited to a few moments and a couple of lines.Template:Better source It was, however, the first spoken lines of the film, the first act, The Dawn of Man, having had no dialogue.Template:Fix/category Her participation in "2001: A Space Odyssey" is quoted in an essay by F. Ordway, technical consultant for the film.Template:Verify source
In 2011, d'Abo had plans to publish an autobiography by the title A Girl in the Right Place at the Right Time.Template:Fix/category However, to date,Template:When the book is unpublished.
|20 October 1968||The Saint||The Desperate Diplomat||Julie|
|12 July 1969||Paul Temple||There must be a Mr X||Sandra Leighton|
|3 June 1970||Randall and Hopkirk||You can Always Find a Fall Guy||Nurse|
|1964||A Hard Day's Night||Richard Lester||Disco Girl|
|1964||Hide and Seek||Cy Endfield||Party Girl|
|1967||Maroc 7||Gerry O'Hara||Suzie|
|1968||2001: A Space Odyssey||Stanley Kubrick||Hostess in the space station elevator (uncredited)|
- Dialogue occurred in the DVD version of the film.
- Eugene M. Emme, (eds.) Science fiction and space futures – past and present. AAS History Series, Volume 5; Univelt, San Diego, 1982 p. 64
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/b' not found.
- Maggie d'Abo on IMDb
- http://studioofstyle.blogspot.it/2012/05/maggie-london-on-vidal-sassoon-true.html (in English)
- http://truthaboutthebeatlesgirls.tumblr.com/post/18970678575/the-girls-of-a-hard-days-night-highlighting-the (in English)
- http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=63986 (in English)
- http://2001italia.blogspot.it/2013/05/un-paio-di-giorni-sono-diventati.html (amateur blog, interview, in Italian; 20 May 2013)
- http://2001italia.blogspot.it/2013/06/two-days-turned-into-four-weeks.html (amateur blog, interview, in English; 6.04.2013)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 677: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).